Share

February 20, 2013

Orange Butterfly Nails

I'm pleased with how these turned out and I might revisit this idea with different colors.


There were a few steps involved in creating these because they are a combination techniques.

Paint all of your nails with China Glaze High Hopes . Once this is dry,  paint a makeup wedge with a line of High hopes and overlaping line of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Snappy Sorbet (Blending the two colors evenly took three times with the sponge.) While the gradient layers were dry paint a thick coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust on your index and pinkie nails. For the butterflies I used Bundle Monster image plate BM-307 and Konad Stamping Polsih Black


I used Migi Nail Art Pens to add some black and white detail to the butterfly's wings.A dotting tool and polish works just fine also. I like these pens for small details. To finish up use top coat and dry My favorite is Seche Vite. A little trick to drying your nails in a hurry... put your finger tips in a bowl of ice water for a few seconds. They will be set.

This manicure took about 45 minutes because of all of the layers and dry time but I think it was worth it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think and share your thoughts with the rest of the AbnormNail crowd...

Popular