Share

February 1, 2013

Matte Pink and Lip Gloss

I've been seeing some pretty fantastic nail designs that are a mix of matte and shine and I had to give it a go. Here's the first design I came up with. A little hint of Valentine's Day still in the theme but the main idea was the matte and shine combo and I only wish I could capture a better pic.

The light pink here is China Glaze Something Sweet. The matte polish I used is Orly Matte Top Coat. I know many brands have this new magic polish but Orly is the one I found first on Amazon so to the winner go the spoils. It goes on like a regular top coat and after two coats my nails where just as dull as I could have hoped for. Funny going for shine less nails. :) I did let them dry for quite a while after applying the matte coats because these nails were originally going to be matte nude with kisses but I smudged them to heck and back. The kiss designs are from Bundle Monster image plate BM-02 and a random plate I found on Amazon that's only labeled KD16. I stamped on red polish and after it was dry I used a dotting tool to put the lip gloss (Seche Vite Top Coat but any clear coat would work) on my kisses.

2 comments:

  1. I've noticed the matte top coats smear stamping something fierce! What I do now is first do a coat of Seche Vite and then do the matte. I hope this helps you for your next matte stamping design! These are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You're Brilliant. I learn most things the hard way so I love a hot tip. I will for sure try it on my next attempt.

      Delete

Tell me what you think and share your thoughts with the rest of the AbnormNail crowd...

Popular