Share

February 6, 2013

Feather Accent nail

I really like the concept of feather nails but I don't have the coordination to do all ten. :) I'm right handed and lets just say it's no accident that almost all of my pictures are of my left hand.


I started with two coats of China Glaze White cap. I like the subtle yellow gold shimmers in combo with the pretty greens in the feather. After the White Cap was completely dry I added a clear coat to my accent nails. Once this becomes tacky just drag the portion of the feather you want across your nail until it's where you want it. If you dip a finger in a little water you can lightly press the feather down onto your nail without smudging the polish. Wait until this is dry and apply a little top coat going with the grain of the feather up toward your cuticle. Once this layer is dry you can add more top coat with out disturbing the feather. Once all of these layers are dry trim the part of the feather hanging of your nail and file until you have a smooth edge. There are many videos and picture tutorials out there showing all the different techniques for doing this and this is just what (usually lol) works for me.  I got my feathers off amazon for really cheap but they should be easy enough to find at a craft store. I need to remember to put steady hands on my Christmas list so one day I can enjoy having ten perfectly feathered nails.

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to thank you for this fantastic read!
    ! I certainly loved every bit of it. I have you
    book-marked to look at new stuff you post?

    My weblog how you can help

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think and share your thoughts with the rest of the AbnormNail crowd...

Popular